Activities in Merton
There are lots of wonderful organisations that provide group activities across Merton to help keep you active.
If you would like to attend one of the activities below, we recommend you check with the organisers first.
Activities in Mitcham
- North East Mitcham Community Association run Yoga, Zumba and Senior Fitness classes
- Commonside Trust run Zumba and new age curling at the New Horizon Centre
- South Mitcham Community Centre's Balance, Strength & Flexibility and Pilates at low cost
- AgeUK Merton offer a range of different activities from Zumba, Aqua Aerobic and seated classes
- Walking Tennis Mitcham - sessions are held in Canons Leisure Centre in winter and Tamworth Recreation Ground the rest of the year
Activities in Wimbledon
- Wimbledon Guild offer a packed programme of activities from Yoga to Tap Dancing at Drake Hall
- YMCA Wimbledon have a range of classes to suit all abilities
- Attic Theatre Company currently hold sessions in Wimbledon Library, with the theme of the class changing each week
- AFC Wimbledon Walking Football
- 'More than a game' - Fulham FC offer walking football options
Other organisations in Merton
- BETTER leisure centres have affordable membership options for their gyms and swimming pools in Mitcham, Wimbledon and Morden
- If you’re retired and want to make new friends and keep active then try the Merton U3A. Activities include cycling, walking and racquet ball
- Walk and Talk Merton - walks taking place across the borough
- F.I.S.H. run seated and standing exercise classes
- Nuffield Gym offer Body Conditioning and Pilates classes across Merton Libraries - these are free to join!