Activities in Merton
There are lots of wonderful organisations that provide group activities across Merton to help keep you active. Some activities may not currently be running or may have moved online due to COVID-19.
If you would like to attend one of the activities below, we recommend you check with the organisers first.
Activities in Mitcham
- North East Mitcham Community Association run Yoga, Zumba and Senior Fitness classes
- Commonside Trust run low impact, gentle exercise classes at the New Horizon Centre
- South Mitcham Community Centre
- Wimbledon Guild have a fun and friendly mix of classes, clubs and talks for over 50s
Activities in Wimbledon
- Wimbledon Guild offer a packed programme of activities from Yoga to Indoor Circuits at Drake Hall on Worple Road
- YMCA Wimbledon have a range of classes to suit all abilities
Other organisations in Merton
- BETTER leisure centres have affordable membership options for their gyms and swimming pools in Mitcham, Wimbledon and Morden
- Age UK Merton offers Zumba classes, Aqua Aerobics and exercise classes
- St Mary’s Church Merton run Tai Chi, Pilates, Fitness and Zumba classes in their Parish Hall
- If you’re retired and want to make new friends and keep active then try the Merton U3A. Activities include cycling, walking and racquet ball
- Walk4life arrange free group walks in Merton with a trained leader. For other local walks check the Merton Council Events Calendar
Help us make sure that no one in Merton has to face life’s challenges alone
We're offering practical help and support to more than 2,000 people across our borough every year. Whether they're worried about money, they’re feeling low or overwhelmed, or they’re looking for new friends and activities locally, we’re always here. Or at least we can be, with your support. Will you help us make sure that no one in our community has to face life’s challenges alone?