Activities in Merton
There are lots of wonderful organisations that provide group activities across Merton to help keep you active. Some activities may not currently be running or may have moved online due to COVID-19.
During the pandemic, Wimbledon Guild is running free clubs and classes online which are open to people all over Merton.
If you would like to attend one of the activities below, we recommend you check with the organisers first.
Activities in Mitcham
- North East Mitcham Community Association run Yoga, Zumba and Senior Fitness classes
- Commonside Trust run low impact, gentle exercise classes at the New Horizon Centre
- South Mitcham Community Centre
- Wimbledon Guild is now offering many free clubs and classes online, and are open to people all over Merton
Activities in Wimbledon
- Wimbledon Guild offer a packed programme of activities from Yoga to Indoor Circuits at Drake Hall on Worple Road
- YMCA Wimbledon have a range of classes to suit all abilities
Other organisations in Merton
- BETTER leisure centres have affordable membership options for their gyms and swimming pools in Mitcham, Wimbledon and Morden
- Age UK Merton offers Zumba classes, Aqua Aerobics and exercise classes
- St Mary’s Church Merton run Tai Chi, Pilates, Fitness and Zumba classes in their Parish Hall
- If you’re retired and want to make new friends and keep active then try the Merton U3A. Activities include cycling, walking and racquet ball
- Walk4life arrange free group walks in Merton with a trained leader. For other local walks check the Merton Council Events Calendar
For more about opportunities to get moving in Merton, visit these sites:
- Wimbledon Guild www.wimbledonguild.co.uk
- Merton Council Directory directories.merton.gov.uk/kb5/merton/directory/results.page?adultchannel=7e
- Merton Council Events Calendar www.merton.gov.uk/communities-...
- Age UK Merton www.ageuk.org.uk/merton/activi...
- YMCA Wimbledon ymcastpaulsgroup.org/services/health-wellbeing
We need your help...
Every year, we provide financial and emotional support to over 2,000 people in our local community. Since Covid-19 that number has increased, and as well as helping our existing clients, we’re now also providing urgent support to hundreds more local people whose lives and livelihoods have been impacted by the pandemic.