A local charity supporting people across Merton
We are a community charity in Merton providing a hand-up, not a hand-out. We want you to feel valued, respected and empowered to live life your way. Whether you need emotional, financial or practical support, you can turn to us for help getting back on track.
Wimbledon Guild is more than just a place, it is a real community where everyone belongs.
As the needs of our local community change, we will be ready to meet new and emerging needs. Our services aim to:
- Reduce social isolation and loneliness
- Help people who are experiencing difficulties
- Enable older people to be active and healthy
Last year Wimbledon Guild worked with over 2,000 individuals from across the borough.
- We provide free independent and professional advice services from an experienced team.
- We aim to make our Talking Therapies services affordable and subsidise them, charging a sliding scale of charitable rates.
- Families are key clients for our Small Grants Programme.
- The over 50s can be as active as they wish with our clubs and classes programme and our Home Food Cafe welcomes diners each weekday.
- Our befrienders make regular visits to local people who are virtually housebound.
- Our premises are used by 27 groups and over 270 volunteers currently take part in our volunteering programme.
Our Impact Reports for the last two years are available below:
We need your help...
Every year, we provide financial and emotional support to over 2,000 people in our local community. Since Covid-19 that number has increased, and as well as helping our existing clients, we’re now also providing urgent support to hundreds more local people whose lives and livelihoods have been impacted by the pandemic.