We will listen and work with you to help you live an independent and fulfilling life in your own home for as long as possible.
We all need a little help sometimes. If you’re finding life challenging, because of age, the loss of a loved one or a change in your circumstances, please get in touch.
Working in partnership with other services, our team of caring and friendly staff will help you to continue doing the things you love, and make sure you live an independent and fulfilling life in your own home for as long as possible.
You are the centre of our service. Although our Wellbeing Support team are currently unable to carry out home visits because of COVID-19 restrictions, our team will contact you by phone to find out what is important to you. Over the course of 10-12 weeks, we will listen to you and work with you.
How we can help:
- Making sure that you get all the benefits and grants that you’re entitled to
- Accessing transport options on your behalf, such as applying for Dial-a-ride, a TaxiCard or a Blue Badge
- Helping you live with a long-term condition/disability
- Helping you live a more active lifestyle
- Increasing your social network and connecting you to friends, family and your community
- Arranging for a volunteer to visit you
- Accessing services on your behalf such as Adult Social Services, Housing, GPs and hospital transport
- Getting information that would help you
- Accessing specialist advice from our partners at the Citizen’s Advice Bureau
- Connecting you to other specialist voluntary sector organisations who can help
- Providing emotional support
Ongoing practical and emotional support
If you and our team decide that you would benefit from ongoing support, we can continue providing practical and emotional support on a regular basis. We’re here to help, and we know from experience that managing problems, difficulties and worries becomes easier if we talk about our concerns.
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from our support, please call our Wellbeing Support team on 020 8946 0735 (Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm) who will be only too happy to help.
We need your help...
Every year, we provide financial and emotional support to over 2,000 people in our local community. Since Covid-19 that number has increased, and as well as helping our existing clients, we’re now also providing urgent support to hundreds more local people whose lives and livelihoods have been impacted by the pandemic.